The Content Direction Agency is hiring a marketing and sales assistant to support our director of marketing and sales.
The perfect person for this role will be someone with experience creating and scheduling social media, emails, and blog posts for a business.
You have a creative soul and the idea of getting to create and execute marketing plans that are actually FUN lights you up. You may also have education or experience in social media strategy — but really, the creative side is more important to us.
You love brainstorming and coming up with outside-the-box ideas for social media and content marketing.
You understand what we mean by “content marketing.”
You don’t mind messaging people in DMs who have expressed interested in a resource or service. (Don’t worry: No cold DMing around these parts!) Following up is one of your love languages.
You may or may not consider yourself a graphic designer, but you love messing around with design tools like Canva.
You may (or may not) have strong opinions about:
- classic era Hollywood films
- Doctor Who
- YA literature
- fiber arts
- the latest TikTok trends
The right candidate will be able to grow into more responsibilities helping Lacy drive sales and book sales calls from our marketing efforts.
Compensation commensurate with experience, but we expect to pay $25-$35 per hour to start. Starting at 2-5 hours per week with opportunities to grow in the position.
This is a fully remote, asynchronous, part-time position with a HUGE potential for growth. If you can start small with us, we want to grow big with you.
Our ideal candidate will be familiar with or super willing to learn the following tools in our tech stack:
- Google Suite
- Meta Business Manager
BONUS skills might include:
- video and audio editing experience
- experience setting up and managing Facebook ads
- sales experience
Some tasks associated with this job include (but are not limited to):
- Scheduling weekly email newsletters in Active Campaign
- Creating and updating Active Campaign autoresponders as needed
- Maintaining Active Campaign naming conventions and organization
- Creating social media posts in Canva using templates and writing captions using text from blog posts
- Creating graphics for blog posts using provided templates in Canva
- Maintaining our brand standards across all graphics, social media posts, etc.
- Scheduling social media posts using Meta business suite
- Uploading, scheduling, and posting blog posts in WordPress from our teams.
- Checking Facebook groups for podcast and speaking opportunities and applying on Lacy’s behalf
- Replying to comments or DMs to deliver resources to interested people and inviting those people to book a sales call with Lacy
- Identify and apply for opportunities to Generate Leads (opportunities for new people to hear about us) — number of quality opportunities booked
- Create social media posts that get people to raise their hands to solve a problem (opt-ins, DMs, etc.) — number of posts that drive engagement and number of people who self-identify
The Content Direction Agency exists to help personality-driven brands communicate and connect with their audiences with purpose and clarity through content marketing.
We believe that the best way to help our clients drive sales is through authentic, organic, and values-driven content — and we make it easier to accomplish that. We help clients define goals and metrics for their content marketing so that they can actually see what’s working. When clients work with us, they can stop worrying about their content marketing for the next six months with an editorial calendar and strategy aligned to their business goals and the resources to make it happen.
We also believe in a feminist business model; rather than trying to grab a larger slice of the pie, we just bake a bigger pie. We believe joy is a valid success measure. We believe in collaboration, abundance, generosity, sustainability, inclusion, empathy, integrity, mindfulness, and ease and we strive to allow these values to guide our business decisions and practices. We are signatories to the Anti-Racist Business pledge and the Ethical Marketing pledge.
The Content Direction Agency is 10 years old this year, and we’re just getting started. We have a reputation for providing solid content strategy and creative content for our clients. We pride ourselves on our friendly, supportive team atmosphere even though we are all remote. Our #random Slack channel is lit. We still say things like “lit” with only the barest trace of irony. We believe the only stupid question is the one you never ask. Our goal is always to be an inclusive, nurturing, awesome place to work and grow. We encourage people with marginalized identities to apply.
Lacy is a nerdy, introverted, INFJ Pisces with Taurus rising. She will almost certainly cry in your general vicinity at some point during your tenure with us. She’s dedicated to creating a great company and work environment.