Adrienne Dorison just recently made her way into my sphere of friends and colleagues, but I’m so glad she did! Whip-smart, funny, organized and interesting, Adrienne is a former SCRUM and six-sigma facilitator turned business strategist for online entrepreneurs, and to my way of thinking, she brings a needed dose of REALITY to the online business world.
She’s a big believer that we, as women entrepreneurs, need to get comfortable with our numbers and with making tons of money — and then making a huge impact with that money through a give-back program. She’s also a podcasting pro and wants to crush your dreams of starting a podcast — wait what?? Not really. But she does have a caveat if you want to start a podcast, so you need to watch.
Like this interview? Give it a like on the video above or share with your audience!
Some of Adrienne’s truth bombs:
- We can create limitless income, we just have to be willing to do so, know how to do so, and then we can give it back.
- On Business: Most of the time we’re solving the wrong problem.
- On the Pop-Up Podcast: I wanted it to be a test project so I had my own permission to release it if it didn’t light me up or I didn’t want to continue on.
- If I was doing a sales opportunity, how do we increase sales of something? We give it a deadline. And so I wanted to take that model and put it into the podcast itself, because I hadn’t seen that done.
- If you’re going to iTunes to build an audience, you’re going to the wrong place.
- I think a lot of people don’t know what their plan or path is for their content.
- On starting a new podcast: It’s probably not just a podcast.
- Don’t think of iTunes as a discovery channel, but rather one of your distribution channels.
- How are you leveraging other people’s audiences to bring them back to your show?
Get to know Adrienne at Adriennedorison.com and theshiftshow.biz. She’s also launching a brand-new (and incredibly awesome) program for getting your business basics in order at beeline90.com — check it out!!
Want to get the rest of this interview series directly to your inbox? Be sure to sign up below. You’ll also get instant access to my vast, free, and valuable Eyes Only Content Library. WIN/WIN!
And then let me know in the comments: Have you considered starting a podcast for your business, or do you have one? Did this interview change how you think about podcasting in any way? I’d love to know.