When you spend a lot of time and energy creating a blog post, it’s an absolute waste not to spend some time and energy promoting it. The more important/EPIC your post, the more time you should spend promoting it.
I generally have two lists. One list is places I promote my blog post every week, including my social networks, Facebook and Google+ groups, etc. The other is for special, EPIC posts that I want to put more time and effort into promoting.
I recommend downloading this as a PDF list that you can save and refer to in the future — just click here to join our free resource library to grab it!
- Your call to action — ask for the share.
- Sharing buttons on your blog post.
- Tweetables in your post.
- “Share This” buttons on any multimedia in your post — especially “pin this” buttons for Pinterest.
- Your email newsletter. (You do this already, right?)
- Facebook Groups
- Google+ Groups
- LinkedIn Groups
- Pinterest group boards — check PinGroupie
- Social bookmarking sites in your niche
- Content aggregator sites in your niche — start with AllTop.com, Affposts.com, AffBuzz.com, and AffDaily.com
- Your email signature
- Social sharing group like The Network
- Email people you mentioned in your post
- @mention and tag people you mentioned in your post
- Slideshare, Slideworld, Slideboom
Like this list? Take a second and download it for future reference from our free resource library, and then use the red share buttons below to share it with your peeps — they’ll thank you for it!