Frankly, if there were some job that paid me lots of money just to go to cool classes and learn cool stuff, I would be ALL OVER THAT. I’d also be REALLY GOOD AT IT.
Alas, I haven’t found that career yet.
BUT, my love of education actually serves me really well in this whole content marketing career I’ve chosen, because things are always changing. There’s always something new to learn, I can always dig a little deeper into marketing and copywriting techniques. There’s always a new course I want to try and a new skill I want to learn.
I’ve invested thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in my education for my business, because I know how important it is to me.
But did you know that you can get a FREE business education through iTunes?
Sign up for your free business education.
It’s true! Podcasts are an awesome way to get a totally free business education on your own time. You can download them to your MP3 player or phone and listen to them in the car, while you’re working out, or — if you’re an awesome mommy-preneur like me — while you’re vacuuming or watching your kids play at the park! 😉
Here are some of my favorite podcasts for great biz learnin’:
- The Web Psychologist — All about the psychology of persuasion. Love it. And I love her accent.
- The New Rainmaker — From Copyblogger’s guru Brian Clark, this is all about the new role of media and personal branding. Excellent.
- The Lede — Also from the Copyblogger team, this is a must-listen if you want to write better copy.
- Social Triggers Insider — Another psychology-based podcast (because all marketers are psychologists first).
- Marketing Moxie — All kinds of great marketing info from my friend Maggie Patterson. Be sure to check out episode seven with yours truly!
- Welcome to Night Vale — Creepy cool fictional (or IS IT??) newscast from the town of Night Vale. Just for fun. 😉
So tell me: What’s YOUR favorite podcast or other resource for free business education? Share your knowledge in the comments, because we all want to learn!
P.S.! Speaking of education, my interview with Tova Payne went live this week as part of her entrepreneur series! Want to know how my first business was a TOTAL FAILURE? Tova got me to spill the beans. Check it out!